“The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul.”
– Dieter Uchtdorf
WHAT IS A “BUILDER?”
On first glance, the word “builder” seems like a strange choice. What do we really mean? Start by asking yourself the following questions:
- Do you build software or data products, either for yourself or on your customer’s behalf?
- Do you build service delivery models that rely on software or data?
- Do you build data science pipelines or machine learning and “AI” models?
- Do you build physical objects that embed software or data?
For example, your role or job title might be:
- Software Developer or Software Architect
- Product Manager
- Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, Researcher, or Statistician
- Business Analyst or Business Consultant
- Process Analyst or Process Consultant
- Operations Analyst
- Automotive Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Embedded Engineer
Boil it down!
In a nutshell, Builders create digital or physical objects or deliver services, but almost never in a vacuum; typically, their work incorporates the work of others directly or could potentially infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others. There are many ways that builders interact with these risks on a daily basis, and we help identify, assess, and manage all of these risks.
HOW CAN WE HELP “BUILDERS?”
The best way to protect value and reduce harm is to proactively identify and avoid it; however, many of these risks are inherent in business, especially at breadth and scale. Our approach to helping Builders is to focus first on data and software training and compliance programs, as many issues are simply the result of confusion or ignorance on the part of employees or contractors “on the ground.”
No training and compliance program is foolproof, however; we also provide automated software and data monitoring services to identify risks and drive corrective action before the risks lead to actual losses.
We will work with your company to create a solution based on your needs. Below is a sample of popular assessments for builders, with downloadable information sheets: